Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mercadona Just Gets Better and Better

The title says it all. Nowadays, I get excited before a Mercadona trip because they seem to bringing out new lines every week! This week I discovered:

oven bags with herbs for chicken which come in a box of two. They are so easy and clean to use. Just pop the chicken in the bag and away you go.

Not only do they now do a frozen fajita mix, they have also brought out sachets of fajita and burrito seasoning which are half the price of the branded stuff.

I also bought their new aloe vera face cream which if I remember rightly was just a couple of euros and it is great and a great replacement for the expensive clinique I was using before, although I was given it for free! But this stuff is great and can be used as a day or night cream.
I think Mercadona is the best supermarket in terms of price, quality, cleanliness and the queues and layout. Plus the stores are air conditioned at the perfect temperature, just right for keeping out of the sun and not burning your electricity at home!! All they need now is a little bar in every store.

Will keep you posted with any new finds.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I have never been to Mercadona before. One of my friends has been trying to get me to go, but Carrefour and Caprabo are just more convenient.

Anonymous said...

I was told by a chiropractor over a year ago that I was gluten intolerant. I found it very hard to get gluten free products at a reasonable price and was gutted when I visited my son in the U.K. to see a gluten free isle in Tescos. However Mercadona have, in the last six months or more introduced a major amount of gluten free products, far surpassing that of Tescos and doing my weekly shop is a pleasure, coz it´s reasonably priced. And an added bonus is that I´ve lost weight because I´m using gluten free products.